- This event has passed.
Business Assurance Refresher 2020
May 6, 2020 @ 09:00 - 12:00R350
Business Assurance Refresher 2020 - Live Online Event
Helping business owners protect their business, personal estate and dependents against financial consequences due to unforeseen events is critical.
The goal is to help business owners:
- Protect remaining shareholders in the event of his or her death or disability;
- Protect their personal estates;
- Ensure their dependents receive fair value from business interests;
- Protect the business against a loss in income should a key employee pass away or become disabled;
- Plan for future expenditure and replacement of assets;
- Implement solutions to keep employees for longer.
Business Assurance Planning knowledge, skills, and the required calculations are a crucial part of the equation. It is also imperative to be able to apply it all in practice.
The environment in which we operate continuously changes, and rapidly so, necessitating the need and responsibility to ensure we remain up to date. Often, we learn things, but we don’t get to use them regularly, leading to our knowledge on certain aspects to become a little rusty.
Our Business Assurance Refresher for 2020 is designed to help you get up to speed quickly in a way that enables you to apply everything in practice. We leave opportunities on the table when we miss important financial planning aspects. Not event considering the advice risk we incur.
Relevant information about the refresher
- Business Valuation
- Interpretation of financial statements
- Buy and Sell Arrangements
- Key Person Assurance
- Debt and Loan Cover
- Preferred Compensation
- Income Tax, Capital Gains Tax and Estate Duty Implications
- All Financial Planners and Advisers providing Financial Planning advice to Businesses and Business Owners;
- Financial Planners and Advisers who have basic knowledge and want more in-depth knowledge and skills;
- Para Planners or prospective Para Planners;
- Support Staff of Financial Advisers and Financial Adviser Practices who assists with preparing BNAs;
- Key Individuals managing and overseeing Representatives that provide advice to clients;
- Broker Consultants who want to provide better consulting services to Financial Advisers;
- Sales Managers working with teams of Financial Advisers;
- NQF6, 7 and 8 in Financial Planning Students.
- Know and understand the basic concepts of Business Assurance – we do not teach the theory in this workshop;
- Have good knowledge about the different products available in the market;
- Be hungry to learn and participate;
- 3.5 hours
- Wednesday 6 May 2020 from 9.00 until 12.30.
- Live Online Event
- No. This is an exclusive live event presented online and it will not be available as a recording afterwards.
- Writing pad
- Calculator (just in case!)
- Laptop or tablet to watch the event on
- We await approval from our Professional Body.
Secure your seat
Limited spots available! Don’t postpone, book now below.