After the success of our Premier Income Tax Course that we offered in July 2019, we are excited to announce our next course: Business Assurance.
This is not a workshop or a masterclass. It is a full-blown, hands-on course. I share everything you need to know below.
The course will take you from a beginner to the skills and knowledge you need to raise the level of your advice and in turn the trust and status you hold with your clients. It will open opportunities you have never imagined before.
Almost every Advisor I have met, wants to work with business owners, but they rarely know where to start or how to get it right. Fear keeps them from playing the game.
Business owners face a myriad of risks and challenges in the current market place. They are so entrenched in their daily grind that they rarely look up to consider the risks surrounding them and that could cost them their business and the financial well-being and independence of their dependents when some unforeseen event occurs.
But there is more to business planning than just planning for the unforeseen. Employees are vital to a business and they always have their own vision, values, and aspirations to consider. It is important to create structures and benefits that will not only keep employees loyal and encourage them to stay for longer, but to support them in achieving their goals and ambitions.
Then there are other aspects to plan for in advance, such as funds needed to replace vital assets and equipment or to fund expansion plans. Being able to guide business owners is a critical skill that all financial planners and advisors must have if they want to be relevant and aspire to work with business owners.
What to expect
This course will equip you to do several things:
- Significantly increase the value you offer your business clients;
- Identify risks and opportunities that will better your practice and grow your business;
- Guide business owners to make informed decisions and to plan for important aspects in their business;
- Prospect professionally in the business market.
In the course:
- We work through many examples and practical applications to ensure that you can apply what you learned immediately after finishing the course;
- We start with the basics and build from there;
- We speak in plain and simple language;
- We provide templates you can use;
- Earn CPD points – 13 verifiable points – Approval nr: FPI19100085;
- Earn a Certificate of Completion.
- 3 class days (see details below);
- Assignment (submitted online);
- Final Assessment (completed online).
Learning Outcomes / Objectives
By the end of this course delegates should be able to:
- Read Financial Statements;
- Interpret financial information and identify opportunities and risks;
- Identify the most appropriate valuation methods for a particular business;
- Interpret and critique valuations;
- Select and critique appropriate business entities;
- Structure Buy and Sell Arrangements;
- Understand the impact of Trusts and Companies as Shareholders and being party to a Buy and Sell Agreement;
- Income Tax, Capital Gains Tax and Estate Duty implications of Buy and Sell Agreements;
- Understand Share Buy Backs;
- Protecting the business against the loss of a key person;
- Protecting the business against other losses;
- Know how to deal with different loan accounts;
- Identify Family-Owned Companies and the impact thereof;
- Income Tax, Capital Gains Tax and Estate Duty implications of Company-owned policies;
- Structure Preferred Compensation Schemes;
- Make provision for different needs in the business;
- Prospect for business owners;
We have put together a course that focuses on all the important aspects from a financial-, business- and tax planning perspective. The course is structured in a way that builds, step-by-step, from the basics.
For the full syllabus and what we cover in the course, please DOWNLOAD the syllabus here.
- Basic understanding of Business Assurance concepts will be beneficial but not a requirement;
- Good understanding of financial products;
- Eagerness to learn.
Who must enroll in the course
- All Financial Planners and Advisors providing Financial Planning advice to Businesses and Business Owners;
- Accountants and Tax Practitioners;
- Financial Planners and Advisors who have basic knowledge and want more in-depth knowledge and skills;
- Para Planners or prospective Para Planners;
- Support Staff of Financial Advisors and Financial Advisor Practices who assists with preparing BNAs;
- Key Individuals managing and overseeing Representatives that provide advice to clients;
- Broker Consultants who want to provide better consulting services to Financial Advisors;
- Sales Managers working with teams of Financial Advisors;
- NQF6, 7 and 8 in Financial Planning Students.
The course starts off with some basics and it builds from there to an intermediate and advanced level.
The course is rated as Intermediate/Advanced, as it is expected that you have a basic understanding of the subject already. You will greatly benefit from this course and have more knowledge and skills to grow your practice and to increase the value you offer your clients. We go into detail and therefore this is not an introductory course. It is an intermediate/advanced course that includes introductory elements which ensure you don’t get left behind.
CPD can be claimed for this. Our programs are administered by Circulus Online and comply with all the requirements for Fit and Proper with the FSCA as well as the Financial Planning Institute. Therefore, CPD may be claimed for both purposes.
- Earn 13 verifiable points – Approval nr: FPI19100085.
Class Dates, Times and Venue
- Waterstone House, Stonemill Office Park, 300 Acacia Road, Darrenwood, 2194
- Friday 4 October 2019;
- Friday 11 October 2019; and
- Friday 18 October 2019.
- 9.00 until 15.00 each day
- Friday 25 October 2019
- Friday 8 November 2019
R 3 950 per person, payable before the course starts.
Ignite Members pay only R 2 965.
Each person will receive a Clifton Strengths Assessment to determine their Top 5 Talents with our compliments.
After the course has been completed, you will also be invited to an exclusive invitation-only live webinar where you will learn more about how you can use your talents to supercharge your personal and business growth, and again with our compliments.
Click here to enroll and book your seat before the opportunity closes on Friday 27 September 2019 @ 17.00.
Have some questions we can answer first?
Please contact us.
What others said about our Income Tax Course
Visit our testimonials page to watch and hear what previous attendees struggled within their practices, why they enrolled in our course, what they experienced during the course and how they feel afterward.